Cardiff Bat Group is open to anyone who loves bats and their conservation. We run a range of walks, talks, training sessions and surveys, suitable for all levels of experiences and ages.
Cardiff Bat Group covers the unitary authority of Cardiff and is affiliated to the Bat Conservation Trust, the national body representing Bat Conservation in the UK. Several of our members are licensed bat workers and we have a number of licence trainers within the group.
We aim to:
- Further the knowledge of bat distribution and within Cardiff
- Promote the conservation of bats and their habitat
- Provide a forum for discussion on bat conservation issues
- Improve public perception of bats
- Consider sustainable options in all its activities
If you would like to join us, please complete and return the membership form.
Who we are:
- President – Richard Crompton
- Chair – Alex Pollard
- Treasurer – Jonathon Lee
- Secretary – Matt Davies
- Events and Records Officer – Lucy Emery
- Bat Box Coordinator – Becky Sheehan-East
- National Bat Monitoring Programme Coordinator (Cardiff) – Danielle Cowell
The image of the sun setting over Cardiff was kindly donated by Marc Williams for use on our website. You can see more of Marc’s images at www.flickr.com/marcwilliams88